StarLogo Nova is an agent-based game and simulation programming environment that combines an easy-to-use blocks-based programming language with a powerful simulation engine and 3D renderer. With StarLogo Nova you can:
Create, edit, and run games and simulations right in the browser, no installation necessary.
Share projects in public galleries for the world to see.
Collaborate on projects with other users.
Incorporate your own sounds and 3D models into your projects.
Organize code more clearly, with all runtime code now placed on breed pages.
Program agent interactions more easily with new Detection blocks.
Customize your breeds with user-created traits like energy, health, lives, inventory, etc.
Easily work with hundreds of agents, even on older computers or Chromebooks.
With no predefined agent limits, create 10,000 agents or more on powerful computers.
We've just released an update with the following improvements:
- A new error panel at the bottom of the blocks workspace will show you where any empty sockets are! Click the error message to take you right to the block.
- The last agent of each shape no longer leaves behind a "skeleton" when it is deleted. Also, some shapes that didn't load correctly are now fixed, and rendering is 5% faster!
- Teleport properly moves an agent without "tweening" from the old location.
- Create (without "do") now properly sets the child headings.
- All connections to the server use HTTPS for security.
Coming soon: video tutorials!"
Contact the Imagination Toolbox team at MIT STEP if you would like us to email you a couple of print tutorials to help you get started.
MIT STEP and partners are pleased to offer several professional development opportunities using StarLogo Nova. Check the MIT STEP StarLogo Nova page for more information.